Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas 2008

We love Christmas time! It sure flew by extra fast this year though with everything that has been going on. Chloe and Zach were very excited for Santa to come this year and talked about it all the time. Along with Dad's help, the kids made cookies for Santa and his reindeers. Christmas Eve was spent at the Turner's house with many wonderful and fun friends. We had a good time talking, eating, nativity scene reinactment and playing games. When we got home that night, we had a little family time and talked more about the true meaning of Christmas. We also talked about Karleigh and what kind of presents we would have wanted to give her this year if she were still here with us. We missed her like always, but felt her presence near.
This year for Christmas we were all by ourselves without any family around. While we missed being with family, it was a very special day just being together and relaxing. It would be the last day to just veg-out in our house before movers came on the 29th. We woke up to Christmas morning to lots of fun new toys for the whole family. I love watching the kids faces as they see what Santa brought. We had orange rolls for breakfast and then hung out on the couch watching Chloe's new movie, Tinkerbell. Later that day, we met up with the Jorgensen and Pini families for Christmas dinner. Such a yummy dinner and just lots of fun to hanging out. After dinner we played Guitar Hero and showed off our moves....or in my case - my NON-moves!!
The very next day, the tree and decorations had to come down. I usually like to leave up the tree until the first part of January, but this year wouldn't work out that way. Oh well. While I cleaned up other stuff, Chris and the kids worked on taking all the decorations off the tree and getting everything put away. I really think I like this arrangement!!! I put it all up, Chris and the kids take it all down! It was SO nice!!! Perfect ending to a good Christmas! (hopefully they thought so too! =)

3 comments:

The Horn Family said...

How'd the move go? Are you starting to get settled in? Are you enjoying the warm temps over the frigid ones we are having here? My mom realized after you had moved that now Ally will be the only girl in nursery. I'm hoping someone her age that is a girl moves in soon so shes not so overpowered by boys. Anyways, I hope things are going well for you and your family.

Unknown said...

Hey your non-moves weren't so bad! I liked the fact that the guitar was two feet from your body...haha!

Julianne said...

Your tree was quite lovely. I'm glad you're in AZ now, safe and sound.