I have had this lingering thought lately that I have not been very grateful for all of the things I have. I am grateful for the obvious things, but often overlook the small things - things I take for granted. I have been in a slump for the last couple months. Why? Well, probably because I haven't felt very good...ya know, morning sickness can do that to you! Yep, that's right! Stimpson baby #5 will be making his/her arrival next May! We are excited! It was a bit of a surprise, but a fabulous surprise nonetheless. I am almost 13 weeks, so hopefully will be done with the sickies soon!
8 week ultrasound - Yes, there are multiple sacs, if your wondering. No, there are not multiple babies growing. Only one baby actually developed. I'm bummed, Chris is relieved!
So when you feel pukey for 2 months and other stressors going on (yes, I know I sound like a wanny-pants because there are many people that have it way worse!), I have kind of gotten into this blah slump and haven't been very observant of all that I DO have. I have much to be thankful for and I need to remind myself more of that.
President Monson's talk in the October conference just reaffirmed that need. He said,
"My brothers and sisters, do we remember to give thanks for the blessings we receive? Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love.
A grateful heart...comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives. This requires conscious effort—at least until we have truly learned and cultivated an attitude of gratitude. Often we feel grateful and intend to express our thanks but forget to do so or just don’t get around to it. Someone has said that “feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
When we encounter challenges and problems in our lives, it is often difficult for us to focus on our blessings. However, if we reach deep enough and look hard enough, we will be able to feel and recognize just how much we have been given."
So that is my goal for the next long while. I want to cultivate an attitude of gratitude, because as President Monson also says, "Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love." I need to feel more of that love from above. I need to be more worthy of that love and recognize it.
Most days, I am going to try to post something I am grateful for. I know...kind of doesn't seem possible given my blogging record. But, I will try. Hopefully, I will be able to be more grateful and recognize all that I have. I don't really think many people even read this blog much anymore, but if you do...here is what I am thankful for in the middle of the night tonight...
A tiny little baby growing inside my belly. It truly is a miraculous thing if you think about it! I am grateful for this opportunity to help grow our family and count my blessings that I am able to. The whole process of having a baby has never come easy to Chris and I (with this baby being the exception). It usually took a while and then being pregnant is not a fun thing for me. Delivery has not always gone as smoothly as I would have liked, but I am here and that is all that matters. I am thankful for the opportunity to once again participate in another little miracle and pray that I will be able to remember that despite the pain and discomfort of pregnancy.

8 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's so exciting! I love you and your family so much!
Ooh! Congrats! So excited for you guys and I hope you feel better soon. Prego sickness is the best excuse ever for not necessarily feeling the most grateful... it is awful! Hope it tapers off soon for you!
congratulations my dear friend!!! you are good to be grateful when you are feeling pregnancy sicky. i am only gratefulf for ice cream when i'm pregs.
CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting! I'm happy for you guys. I wish we could be there to see the new baby! We miss you guys and you need to come visit!
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! I loved that talk from President Monson- It really hit home to me when I heard it too. I hope the morning sickness wear off soon! I will be forever grateful to have you for a friend! Take care!
How wonderful! So happy for you!
You are such a good example Tracy... thank you for always being a lighthouse for me. It's been hard to feel grateful the last while...but I truly do have so many blessings from above. Love you friend!
You're having another baby?! Yea! Congratulations. Hope you feel well and have a good pregnancy!
Post a Comment