In 1997, I was an mere freshman at Rick's College (now BYU-Idaho). I was so excited to be away at school and experience life on my own, but yet still a bit homesick. I missed my family and friends back home. I was lucky enough to have my older sister there to show me the ropes of college life. Mindi had been up there the year before me, and then I joined her in the fun of college life. Mindi told me about Chris, a good friend of hers, about a year before when she came home for Christmas. She (and he) came to my apartment to find me many times after I got up to school so that I could meet him. I was a little freaked out by him when I finally did meet him because of his....well, let's just say - not so wonderful pick-up line and his stalking tendencies!
I thought he was quite cute, but kind of blew it off because he was 5 years older than me. I soon learned something that has been replayed over and over - his persistant nature! I soon found myself falling for this handsome guy. I had no intention to go away to school and get myself hitched that following summer - but boy, I sure am glad I did.
Today Chris and I celebrate 10 years of marriage! I can not believe it has already been so long! I have so many wonderful memories of our years together. It is amazing to me how you think you love someone at one point in your life, but you realize just how much you didn't know about the word "love." I am grateful for the lessons that we have learned along the way, the trials we have been through, the beautiful children we have, and the deepened realization of just what a wonderful husband I have!
I love my Chris so much! I am so grateful that we have been sealed together for eternity and that this love that we share will not end at death! What an amazing blessing we have been given to have that opportunity. I couldn't imagine it any other way.
Chris - I love you. I am so grateful you are in my life. I am grateful for the support you give me. You are an amazing father which makes me so proud. You are a wonderful husband and provider for our family. I pray that the years to come bring us much happiness and joy!
Happy Anniversary!
5 comments:
I love that picture of you both. :)
Happy 10 Year!
Kissy kissy! We thought about you guys yesterday. Or on the 14th. Whenever that was. Congratulations.
You guys are so cute in that picture! Happy 10th!
Happy Anniversary! Isn't it amazing 10 years have flown by! I still remember Chris stopping by everyday to our apartment to see you Tracy. Boy was he smitten! I'm glad you came to feel the same way, Tracy. You guys have an incredible strength and make a great companionship. We miss you both!
Hi Tracy! I enjoy peeking in on your family once in a while. Glad to hear you are all doing well. I still think of you and your family!
Post a Comment