Saturday, October 4, 2008

YEAH!!

I don't know if you all heard this mornings session of General Conference (Saturday), but President Monson announced 5 new temples to be built. I don't remember all of them except that one will be in Calgary and the other is in KANSAS CITY!!! That is my home turf and I am totally excited! What a huge blessing that will be to so many people I know and love that still live there! I remember when the St. Louis temple was announced and then when it was done being built. What an exciting time that was for us who lived close by. Before that, we would either have to go to the Denver, Chicago or Dallas temples. Quite a long trip, although it made for fun youth temple trips! I remember I was a senior when the St. Louis, MO temple was dedicated. I took two trips to help out at the open house and then another trip with my family for the dedication. What an amazing experience that was for my family and I. I remember as I was going through that beautiful temple that I would someday be married there for eternity! I am so excited that another beautiful temple will be so close to the place I call "home!" Blessings, blessings, blessings!!!! Here is where it will be....

4 comments:

Julianne said...

ha, I just put an almost identical post on my bloggie. It's great, isn't it?

Jordan said...

Tracy, Isn't this such exciting news! I posted a blog about it today too! Check mine out- I revealed the location of the new temple. What a long- anticipated announcement!

Saunja said...

That is so wonderful. I'm excited for your family.

The Stimpson Family said...

UPDATE:

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/kansascity/aerial/

This is where it will be....