Monday, October 13, 2008

Yellowwood State Forest

So about two weekends ago, we decided we needed a break. Chris travels almost weekly and then we spend the weekends working on the house to get things ready to sell (yes, we will be moving - just don't know when...). We wanted to just spend the day having fun with the kids, so that is what we did. We packed a lunch and headed out to the Yellowwood State Forest for a nice little hike. Who's that handsome guy on the bridge?

Such good buddies! Zach is such a good older brother! Chloe just loves to hang out with him and do whatever he does. I hope they always stay good friends!

I love how small Chris and Chloe look compared to these massive trees!

We found this interesting residence on our way....

We then went down to a cute little town named, Nashville and walked around and window shopped. They just have all kinds of cute stuff there. On our way home, we stopped by our local apple orchard, Anderson Orchards to pick some apples and let Zach climb the trees. He was a little bummed that they weren't as big as he remembered them being last year. I guess that is what you get from growing....things aren't quite as big as they used to be!
Where's Zach?....

5 comments:

Saunja said...

Oh, it is SO pretty there. I loved your pictures. Those tall trees and the greenery are all so gorgeous. I'm so glad you had such a nice time together as a family.

Brammer Family said...

I love the last picture of Chloe eating the apple. Totally captures the moment. :)

Julianne said...

Those are really great pictures. I like the one of Chris and Chloe in the trees, and the Troll up in the apple tree. I'm glad you guys were able to do that.

R and A Lambert said...

What a fun time! Glad you guys were able to get out for a little bit.

Jordan said...

What a beautiful place. Great pictures...How are you feeling, Tracy? I can't believe you're moving--hopefully you can find a new place to stay for awhile. Sure miss you...