Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween 2008!!

We had a great Halloween this year! Out here, they do things differently. The city sets the trick-or-treating time for everyone to be out at. This year it was from 6-9, so we went right at 6 before it got dark so that it didn't get too cold for the kids. It a beautiful night with gorgeous weather. Cool, but comfortable. It is kind of different to go trick-or-treating when it isn't dark, but I actually kind of like it - especially with little kids. Almost the entire neighborhood (we have a pretty small neighborhood) goes out at that time, so it is fun to mingle with all the neighbors as we go. Lots of good people in our neighborhood with lots of fun little kids running around!

Chloe insisted long ago that she wanted to be a princess. Of course she picked that - those are her favorite movies to watch and we tell her that she is our princess all the time! It was fun getting her all beautied up for the night. She picked out this little dress and matching crown. That afternoon, she took her nap in sponge rollers, although it didn't quite work as good as we wanted, so we had to go back over her hair with the curling iron. It is fun to play dress up with my little girl!!! She loves to have her hair fixed. She just sits on the bathroom counter talking to me while I try to make it look cute everyday. Here is our princess!!


And next is our studdly cowboy! I thought he looked great!!! I got his costume done with about 5 hours to spare! He decided about 2-3 weeks ago what he wanted to be. He couldn't figure it out for a while, so then it was a dash to see if we could get it pulled together. We couldn't find any boots that fit him (that weren't $50 either!), so he improvised and wore his dad's!!! It was pretty cute. He shoved a bunch of toilet paper in the toes of it and clopped around all night in those!

Here is the group! Cowboy Zach, Princess Chloe, Pirate Evan, and Cinderella Nissa!
And let's not forget adorbale little Pumpkin Boden!! Such a doll baby and so sweet!!
Hope everyone out there in blogland had a very Happy Halloween!!!

5 comments:

Brammer Family said...

Those are great costumes! They look pretty darn cute! :)

Saunja said...

Cute kids! I'm glad you showed the back of Chloe's hair, it looks beautiful! Good job!

Julianne said...

I LOVE the cowboy. That is so wonderful.

Lifeasahoosier said...

It was so much fun!!! I'm glad we were all able to enjoy it together :)

The Buckwalter Four said...

I see the Z-man found some boots to wear?! Very cute! Chloe's hair is - as always - adorable! Love those kiddos! Nissa is getting so big as well!