Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"When the summer is over...."

All summer long, Chloe has been anxiously awaiting for the start of preschool! She would tell everyone that "when the summer is over, I get to go to preschool!!" So much excitement! We found her a new backpack and lunch bag (she gets to bring a sacklunch to school), which she adores and is SO proud of! As we were driving to school this morning, she saw a bus going down a different road and told me that I was going the wrong way and I needed to follow the bus. For a minute she was pretty bummed that school is not at a "real" school, but quickly got over it. A wonderful lady in our ward is doing a preschool from her home for about 8 kids. I am so excited for Chloe, but it was sure weird having her gone for so long (2 days/week - 4 hours).
Our conversation last night before bed went like this...
Me: "What if I miss you so much while you are at preschool?"
Chloe: (while hugging me) "Don't be sad Mom! I promise I will come back! Parker and Baxter will be here and take care of you so you won't be your only!"
On the way home today, she told me that I was sad while she was gone, but now I could be happy because she came back! My little girl-girl is growing up too fast for my liking!

4 comments:

Pini said...

What a big girlie! I miss you all so much!

Meacham Family said...

Chloe is getting so big! She is such a beautiful and fun little girl! We really miss you guys.

The Horn Family said...

Preschool, how fun! She looks so big with her backpack on. How are you liking time with just Parker?

Lifeasahoosier said...

What a sweetie! I sure do miss Chloe and her cute talk.