Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Humble pie....

Chloe is an extremely SLOW eater! She always has been! It can take her over 45 mintues to get half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich into her little belly. Why? Who knows! Well, I do know part of it. She is talking - always talking! Or singing, or laughing, or thinking or staring into space. It is common to hear me say "chomp, chomp, chomp" or "put a bite in" or "eat, Chloe!!" many, many times throughout a meal.

Well, tonight my patience was not as high as it should have been and I got a bit snippy with her when asking her to eat. "Chloe! Put a bite in and eat....right now! I am getting angry that I have to keep asking you to eat - over and over!"

She then said happily, "But you are my nice mom and I love you and you are so nice to me!"

I got my frustrations in check, then we finished dinner and went off to read stories. I love my girl so much! She is such a dolly - even if it does take her forever to eat!!

4 comments:

Pini said...

She IS a dolly!! I miss her doll face and voice. BTW- your new pictures are Beautimus!!! I love the new one of Parker too. What a squisher! Love all of you oodles!

Julianne said...

Bahaha! Chlo-Glo.

The Horn Family said...

We have the same eating problems with Ally. It must be a girl thing. It takes her FOREVER to eat every meal. She definetely works on my patience.
Maybe one of these days they'll surprise us and beat us done with a meal!

Paula Floor said...

Awww! That is so sweet. Don't you just love the sweet spirits that God gives all His little ones?
AJ