After a LONG weekend of ER visits and drama, bedtime couldn't come soon enough last night! Chris was putting Chloe to bed last night and had this cute little conversation with her...
(Chris typing....)
I am rocking Chloe while putting her to bed.
Zach opens the door: Chloe, did you brush your teeth?
Dad: Zach, we are going to bed now.
Zach: Okay. (closes the door)
Chloe: Dad, my teeth are not dirty.
Dad: We will clean them in the morning.
Chloe: There’s salt and pepper on my teeth. So, they are not dirty.
Dad: Okay.
A few moments later Chloe notices the place where Dad’s I.V. was in his arm. She pulls a hair out in the vicinity.
Dad: Ow.
Chloe (gently touching the insertion point and looking in my eyes with a concerned look): That hurts, huh?
Dad: No, not that part.
Chloe: Did it hurt at the doctor?
Dad: Yes.
Chloe: Did you say “Ouch?”
Dad: No.
Chloe: Then you’re brave.
Dad: Yeah.
Chloe: I am brave too. We are both brave and strong too. I can carry heavy things.
Dad: You can?
Chloe: Yeah, and I drop them on my feet. So, I am not very strong (while cocking her head to the side and doing her classic wince face).
Dad: Yeah, you are strong.
Chloe: Not very much. Just this much (shows how big with her thumb and finger ½ inch).
Dad: Oh, I think you are stronger than that.
Chloe: Nope. I am this big (shows how big with her thumb and finger ½ inch). And you are this big (shows how big with her thumb and finger 2 inches).
Dad: That’s all?
Chloe: Yep.
Dad: Okay, let’s sing two songs.
Chloe: But, dad, I am three, so I get three songs.
Dad: Do you want one song?
Chloe: Okay, two is fine. Mmmmm…. I want walk in the light and temple song.
2 comments:
I love when you post things that Chloe says.....she is so cute! Glad Chris isn't in pain...except when Chloe pulls some of his hair out...haha!
darling!
Post a Comment