Saturday I had made a goal in my mind that no matter what, my house was getting cleaned from top to bottom (almost), even if I had to stay up all night. Life has been busy and aside from straightening up, things were getting pretty crusty around here! SO...time for a serious cleaning. The whole family pitched in and we got it done. Floors were vacuumed, swept and mopped, kitchen cleaned, bathrooms scrubbed, bedrooms cleaned and dusted, etc....you get the idea. Everything was clean, not just tidy. Oh, it felt good. My mind can now let go of that nagging feeling that my house is crusty and needs attention and now I have given myself permission to do some fun stuff this week. (Yes, I have a mental block on doing fun stuff if my house is crusty!)
Well, I didn't think that only 3 days later, I would be scrubbing the kids bathroom AGAIN! So, here is the story. Like I said before....I have a one year old. A very busy one year old that is also figuring out that he has an opinion and can voice it. He is also quickly figuring out that he is just about as big as his older sister (who is almost 3 years older than him!) and that he can get a reaction from her...almost by just looking at her or standing right next to her in her personal space!
I filled up the tub, got both kids in and then dumped their toys in. As they were playing and splashing and having a great time, Parker would occasionally reach over and pinch Chloe - his new favorite thing to do to her. She would shreak, tell him no and they would be back to being friends again.
I stepped out of the bathroom for just a minute and was just right down the hall when I heard Chloe yell, "MOM! Parker just pooped in the bathtub again!!" Yes, this has happened before! As I was coming back down the hall, I told her to jump out of the tub, which she already had....since she knows what to do....since this has already happened a couple times!
There was my boy, my one year old fabulously cute little boy, playing with his floating poo in the tub! My stomach felt sick! Let's just say....corn and craisins from dinner last night made an appearance this morning! So, out with him, scooped the toys out and put them in the sink to be sterilized, drained the water so I could clean up the poo and scour the tub...again. Nasty!
While I was busy scrubbing and cleaning, my darling little one year old thought it a great place to go pee on the stool and then came over by the tub to watch me and did it again on the floor!!! Seriously kid!!! After cleaning the tub, I stuck both kids back in and started cleaning all the bath toys, bucket and sink. As I was doing so....my busy one year old was hard at work pulling Zach's loafa spongey-thing apart and throwing the pieces in the tub!
Bathtime was officially OVER!!! I got them washed and dried and clothed, and now this darling little one year old is walking around pulling every toy out that he can find. That is just fine with me little dude because at least now, you have a diaper on!!!
Really, this little boy is the super-est cutest thing ever! But he sure is busy and he sure is just a BOY!!! All BOY!!! But I wouldn't trade him for anything! He is my squishy, cuddly, handsome fella that I squish and kiss all day long!!! So, yes, I let myself laugh a bit today about our bathtime adventures. I am sure a while down the road I can really laugh....as long as this doesn't turn into a habit!!!
5 comments:
Parker! Parker! You naughty pants! I had better keep you and Caleb away from each other--he may not be able to walk yet, but he sure makes messes, and quickly! The two of you together would equal disaster.
Good luck breaking the habit...maybe he's ready for early potty training.
HA! Parker Pants, you are FUNNY. But naughty. But really funny.
HAHA! This story really had me laughing! He looks so handsome and big and grown up!
LOL!! I was dying of laughter! Parker is SOOO cute, seriously! That little face is too adorable. Poor Chloe...what a trooper! What would have been even better was this on video...ha!
p.s....I can't even imagine your house ever crusty girl!
I found your story to be quite entertaining, only because it's happened to me on multiple occasions. It is so gross fishing all of the toys out of the tub and then cleaning out all of the poop. Yuck! And Ben has peed on the floor while watching me clean the tub. Boys are SO much fun!
Post a Comment