Anyway - so for today's Parker comment...background first...
About a month ago, all of the 5th graders at Zach's school had their D.A.R.E. graduation. It was during school hours, so I took Parker and Chloe up to the gym with me to see Zach graduate. It was a little ceremony where 6 kids read their reports of "I will be drug and alcohol free...until I am 21" or "I will drink alcohol responsibly...when I am 21" or "some alcohol is ok...when I am 21" and other interesting comments. Obviously me, not being one to teach my kids that drinking alcohol is a good thing because of my beliefs, was a bit bugged with it. But at least they are doing good in teaching the kids about the effects of drugs and alcohol.
So, we sat in the back of the gym and I tried to keep two kids entertained and quite while listening to what was being said. It was time for Parker's nap, so he was running on fumes at that point. As I was quietly playing with him on my lap and not thinking that he was paying much attention to what was going on, he all the sudden blurted out "ALCOHOL!" So, I guess he was listening. Out of everything that was being said, THAT was the word he picked out! Really?! We did end up having to leave early and this is why..."I NEED TO GO POOP! TAKE PARKER TO THE POTTY!" Just slightly embarrasing...especially since they were about the only other kids in the whole gym (aside from the 5th graders!)...AND he kept saying it when there was a lull in the talking!
Tonight, I sat on the side of the gym floor playing crash cars (with hot wheels) with Parker and Chloe to keep they occupied while Zach was at his first wrestling practice. They were being really good and not too wild and for once, Parker stayed interested in what I was doing for more than a few minutes. Out of the blue, he looked up at me and said with a smile on his face, "I WANT TO DRINK ALCOHOL!" I tell ya, this child has such a good memory! I just chuckled and told him that it was not good and then we went back to playing crash cars. Totally random comment and totally cute coming from an almost 2 year old! Love that kid!!!
3 comments:
BAHahahahahahahahahahahaha! You really should try to have your "drink" after they go to bed!! So funny! Cheers!
Just re-read this post...laughing all over again!!! hahahahahahahah! Oh Parker!!!
Ha ha!!! Ryan would approve....just kidding!! :)
Post a Comment