CREPES!
Well...not every Sunday!
And they just don't taste as good if they are on a different day of the week.
We like to fix them up so they are more like dessert than dinner! Who says you can't have dessert for dinner?!?! And I make the reciepe that is called "dessert crepes," not just regular crepes. Things we like in and on our crepes...(no, not all at once...usually...)
Fruit: strawberries, bananas, nectarines, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches
Other fillings: Nutella, peanut butter, pudding
Toppings: cool whip, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, nuts, chocolate chips
So basically, it is a banana split - without the ice cream! YUM!! I have a lot of smiles when crepes are on the menu! And Zach loves it because there is almost always leftovers that he can have for breakfast the following day! (I know, not the best thing to send my kid's belly full of to school)
Here's the receipe:
Crepes
From the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoons cooking oil
2 tablespoons sugar
(for regular crepes, omit the sugar and add 1/4 teaspoon salt)
Mix together and then cook on a greased skillet. I usually have 2 frying pans going at once. I pour some batter in the pan and then pick the pan up to spread batter around the entire bottom - just a thin layer. I also usually try to have my fillings chopped and waiting while I cook the crepes. That way, they have time to thaw if I am using frozen fruit. Enjoy your dessert dinner!!
No comments:
Post a Comment