How does it happen SO fast? Why will time not stand still for just a bit? How does this tiny big baby...
A BIG 3 YEAR OLD!!!
Let's take a little trip down memory lane, because it makes me want to kiss his squishy cheeks off even more. There were SO many more pictures I wanted to post...but as you will see, I think I added plenty...and it took forever to upload (which is why this post was not put up 2 days ago!).
Freakin' adorable!!! Can you see those bright baby blue eyes!!? I always knew one day I would have a blond haired, blue eyed little boy!
OH...does the squish on those legs and the overhanging little tummy just make you want to reach through the computer and squeeze them!? I sure want to!!
I remember telling a friend when he was a little baby that he was just so "nice." I felt a little funny describing a baby as nice...but it just fit him. He was so sweet and I just knew that he would be such a NICE kid. And for those who know this sweet boy personally, I know you will agree. Sure he has his times when he acts like a punky little boy - but he is just SO NICE even now!!
Parker's baby days were spent in Arizona. It finally started to cool off in November (cooling off meaning in the 80's) so the kids and I went to the "train park." While Chloe and Zach climbed and ran around, Parker and I sat and snapped pictures and played tickle games!
Parker ADORES little babies! He is so sweet and soft with them - always has been. He loves to hug them and talk sweetly to them.
I am IN LOVE with this picture!! I can not get enough of those rosy, chubby cheeks and soft blond hair and gorgeous blue eyes.
He sure does love his fabulous dad (and so do I!).
Around 18 months old, we started seeing his eyes starting to migrate inward. It took a long time to get him into the ONE pediatric opthamologist in Maine (where we had moved). We started patching (with dialating drops since he wouldn't keep the patch on) and he got his first pair of glasses! Those glasses had way more than 9 lives! Those poor things had to be repaired SO many times and the frames replaced from being mutilated by a 1 year old!
The patching and glasses were working to a degree, but not enough....
So we decided to go ahead with eye surgery to pull back the muscles on the inside and outside of his eyes that were making his eyes cross.
Poor little boy was in SO much pain that first day! Luckily, he has his best buddy as his personal nurse! Chloe laid by him, fed him Cheerios, and helped comfort him. Such a lucky boy to have such a doting sister!
About 2-3 weeks later...his newest baby brother was here! YAY! A new play buddy!! He adores Dallin and loves to share his room with him!
And we can't forget his "nice" smile. He made this up all on his own when we were walking through an airport to pick up my mom (when she came out for Dallin's birth). He was riding on Chris's shoulders and everyone we passed he would look at with his "nice" smile. It was adorable and made many people smile.
Fort Williams Park in Portland, Maine.
While we lived in Maine, two of his FAVORITE things to do were to swim in the neighborhood pool and to go to the beach!
One thing that I (most of the time) love about Parker is his amount of energy. I guess I should rephrase that...One thing that I love about Parker is his amount of energy when it is focused in the right way. He has been nicknamed Dennis the Menice at points in his life. The list is long of things he has gotten into, made messes with, or broken. But...they are just things and can be cleaned or replaced.
Last summer for my birthday, I asked Chris for a trampoline for the kids. Yes, that is what I wanted for MY birthday! You see...my children have this emmense amount of energy and they need to get it out often! I will often send them out to jump, even if they don't want to because I know they will always come back in the house with smiles (unless someone hurt someone else) and won't be so crazy inside the house. I am sure I am not the only mom who does this, right?!
Little Boy loves to be outside. He loves to help do yardwork and dig in the dirt.
Something that is SO fun for me to watch, especially lately, is the interaction between these two adorable little people. Parker has even started to go climb in the crib with Dallin about 30 minutes after I get him to sleep because "I just wanted to play with him." (it all happens when I am taking a shower)
When we are visiting my parents in Raleigh, we often will take the kids to the go-cart track. The last time we went, Parker was just under the minimum height line and couldn't ride. Oh, the complete devastation!! He just had to sit there with me and cried and cried! It tore me apart!
But this trip at Christmas time, he was finally tall enough to ride. You can't see his super excited face...but believe me - IT. WAS. ADORABLE!!!
But this trip at Christmas time, he was finally tall enough to ride. You can't see his super excited face...but believe me - IT. WAS. ADORABLE!!!
Well, his third birthday has come and gone and I now have a little 3 year old! I told him a while ago that he needed to stop growing and stay my little boy forever. When I said that he said, "well, Dad said I could grow!" I finally gave him permission to grow and he was thrilled with it! But if I could...I would keep him my snuggly, loveable little boy for a very long time! He is just so wonderful and I have so much fun with him!!
Well...Grandpa and Grandma Clay and Joy (who is still on crutches...boo for Joy!) got to drive over for his birthday dinner and a small little birthday party. He was SO excited they got to come. Oh...and they brought their little Sadie dog whom Parker LOVES! (I am loving living so close to family!)
My birthday party pictures are pretty lame, but here are a few from the party.
Yes, he got a rake and shovel so he can help do yardwork. SO excited!
I am truly in love with this little boy. He is just the sweetest and most loving little boy. He is also my most mischevious child, but he keeps us on our toes. You ALWAYS need to know where Parker is and what he is doing. Otherwise you are in for trouble!
Some things we love about Parker:
His sincere desire to love everyone.
The random hugs and "I really love you's" that he does so often.
His fabulous hugs.
His willingness to help.
He is super-duper smart and talks so intellegently.
He loves to do things like his Dad.
His cuddles with me...almost nightly. Ok, maybe I don't always love that it is in the middle of the night. But I DO love the cuddles.
He is SUPER funny and says hilarious things!!
He has imaginary friends.
He is quick to forgive and move on.
He is a great big and younger brother.
He will often give to others, even if that means he doesn't get much of whatever it is.
He is adorable, handsome, beautiful and ADORABLE!!
He is sensitive - not just for himself, but also to others.
He loves his family.
Parker,
Someday when you read this, I hope you will know just how much you are loved and adored! I hope you will always keep and excersise those attributes that are listed above and the many more that I am missing. I hope you will use your energy for doing good and serving the Lord. I hope you will always work hard and do your best in all that you do. Dad and I love you more than we can express in words and are SO grateful that Heavenly Father chose us to be your parents! We are SO lucky and blessed! You make our home such a happy place. You make ME so much happier. I know when I am having a bad day that I can just sit and talk with you and I will feel so much better. Even though you are growing up and getting big, you will ALWAYS be my little blond haired, blue-eyed adorable boy!! I love you so very much! Happy Birthday, Parker-Pants!!




2 comments:
Parker is such a funny little boy! I hope I have one just like him someday! Every once in awhile I'll tell David to "suck it up, girl" and it makes us both start laughing!
OK, NOT fair! I'm sitting here crying now - at how stinking cute my favorite little guy is! And how MUCH I miss him! He really is one of my favorite little guys in the whole world!!! Thanks for all the pics and walk down memory lane, even though it brought me to tears! :) Love and miss you both! :)
Post a Comment