
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!!!
For some reason, in my mind, our 12th wedding anniversary has always seemed like such a big deal to me! Why 12? Well, for lots of reasons, but not one in particular. In my mind, it seems more important than the big 10 was 2 years ago.
Today, I am just feeling very overwhelmed with gratitude. Gratitude that I have this wonderful man by my side. Let's just be honest for a second - marriage has not been the easiest thing I have ever had to deal with. It just hasn't. We have a good life, but we do not have a picture perfect life. We do not have a picture perfect marriage. We do not have a picture perfect family. There have been more ups and downs than I can adaquetely express in a blog post. Some big, some not so big. We have been through the refiner's fire time and time again, and I am certain that we still will have more to go through in the future because we are certainly not where we need to be!
12 years ago when I married my handsome man, I was floating in the clouds. I thought that nothing could bring us down. I thought that life would always be bliss and happiness. Now, if you may or may not recall....I was the ripe old age of 19! Yes, 19. I know. Crazy. Crazy to think of now! But, I knew the answer I got as I prayed my heart out, searched the scriptures for an answer, pondered and pondered...and pondered, and then recieved a priesthood blessing from my home teacher. I felt the answer through my whole body - I was supposed to marry Chris. There has been no denying that answer - it was almost tangible.
Now, all these years later, I am overcome with emotion today thinking about all that has gone on in our 12 years of marriage. There is so much to be grateful for, even the hard times. No, I do not like the hard times. But I know that I would not be the person I am today if I didn't go through things that I never ever would have thought possible.
Today, Chris was leaving to the store. He took Chloe and Parker with him so I could get a couple things done. They requested the Barney music I have programmed on my Ipod (yes, just for them - not for me!! =) to dance to while they drove. Chris joked that it was funny that he was cruising down the road in a minivan with Barney blasting! He kissed me and said while motioning to the kids, "Look where we are at 12 years later!" I replied, "Yep, I love it! I just wish today we had all of them with us!"
So today, along with being truly grateful that I have my wonderful husband, I am grateful for the little family we have created in these past 12 years. I am grateful to have my sweet children, but I also miss my Karleigh a lot today. I am grateful that my kids have such a wonderful dad! He is the best! He works hard to provide a nice, comfortable home for us and tries his best to make sure we are happy.
I love my handsome Chris. I love the family we have created. I love the time that we are able to spend together. I love that he loves me, even on my not so wonderful days! I dream about the days and years ahead of us. I dream about the things we can do together when we work side by side to accomplish something. I am grateful that I have Chris by my side. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Happy Anniversary, Chris! .jpg)
.jpg)
5 comments:
I've been thinking about you two today! Hope you were able to enjoy the day. I am excited to spend a weekend with the kids while you go have some fun!!
CONGRATULATIONS! After I got off the phone with you I realized it was your anniversary.. (I'm not the quickest thinker...) 12 years is something to be proud of! Congrats! Hope it was a great day (and that you'll have a great celebration later!) :) You are a beautiful couple!
Woohoo! Happy Anniversary! I can still remember the night Chris called to ask Dad's permission...I used a walkie-talkie to pick up the phone conversation (for some reason I could listen to Dad and even sometimes could hear the neighbor's end of their phone calls w/ those toys--eavsdropping was great!). Once I heard Dad repeat Chris's question about him wanting permission I snuck out of my bedroom and raced downstairs to tell Marci and Julianne. We were all very excited for you. Good job on 12 years!
What a nice post! Happy Anniversary Tracy and Chris! We love you all and miss you the most! You have such a wonderful family!!!
I just love this post...congratulations on your 12 years of marriage! You said it...marriage is definitely not easy but even with it's ups and downs it's better than being alone...when you have the right partner. You guys are the best couple...we love you both! LOVE the pictures of you two....gorgeous!!!
Post a Comment