Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bloom Where You Are Planted

My fabulous childhood friend recently posted a quote that I really appreciated. I am reposting it on here so that I have it for future and also for anyone that may need it. Thanks, Heidi!

"...whatever circumstances you live in, whatever your background or challenges might be, the gospel light has the power and purpose to bring blessings into your life and in the lives of those placed in your path. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to bring blessings to our Heavenly Father's children. You are planted in your country, your community, your family to facilitate these blessings. I urge you to bloom where you are planted. - Elder Dieter F. Utchdorf

Moving is not an easy thing, but I am 100% certain that there is a reason behind everything! Even when we don't know why we should or shouldn't do something or why something is going the way it is, Heavenly Father knows the big picture and he will never leave us. He guides us everyday, but it is up to us to listen and follow what His will is for us. And for me, that isn't always the easiest thing to swallow - His will. I often think it should be a different way or a way that I always invisioned it to be. But time and time again, I have been humbled at the way I have been led to do or go certain places, not knowing why at the time, and when I humbly listen, the blessings flow. I hope I will become more willing to do His will - even when I don't "get it." I am grateful that even through my stubborness, He still loves me enough to guide me and make my life a good life. He knows me and I am His child. This I know without a shadow of a doubt.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Wonderful quote- bloom where you are planted. So true. Sure miss you guys. We'd love to visit sometime in AZ. If you're ever up this way, please stop by. It's been too long. Hope you're enjoying your new place. You always light up a room and make friends so easily! Love you much

Jordan said...

Wow- obviously I have been terrible at reading blogs. I can't believe you're in Maine now! What a beautiful place to live. Looks like you're loving it. Wow- home many times have you moved since you got married? I feel a little boring- only living in Provo and now Lehi. Your kids are adorable and I can't believe how big Zach is. Would love to catch up if I knew your phone number. Much love!

Lifeasahoosier said...

What a great quote! All I know is that I'm so grateful that God has but you in my path. I don't know what I would do with out you, my best friend! Love you and miss you so much!